The 1991 ADA Standards for Accessible Design, printed as Appendix A of the title III regulation in the Code of Federal Regulations, July 1, 1994 could be used for new construction and alterations under Titles II and III until March 14, 2012.
The Department has assembled an official online version of the 2010 Standards to bring together the information in one easy-to-access location. It provides the scoping and technical requirements for new construction and alterations resulting from the adoption of revised 2010 Standards in the final rules for Title II (28 CFR part 35) and Title III (28 CFR part 36).
The Department has also compiled Guidance on the 2010 Standards from the revised regulations for Titles II and III. This explanatory information from the regulations addresses the scoping and technical provisions of the 2010 Standards.
If you have questions about the ADA Standards or Florida Accessibility Standards and would like to have a consultation on new design and construction, or renovation to an existing property, we provide the following:
- Americans With Disabilities’ Act of 1990: Surveys, Audits, Design Changes
- Compliance evaluations of buildings to the Florida Accessibility Code and ADAAG
- ADA Title II Public Entities Evaluations for delivery of services
- ADA Title III Private Sector Architectural Barrier Removal Evaluations
- Expert Witness Services for compliance with ADA, Florida Accessibility Code, NFPA 101 Life Safety Code