Expert Witness Support
Dr. Atlas is available to provide expert services for both plaintiff and defense testimony in the following areas of litigation support:
- Code Compliance Review for New Construction and Existing Facilities
- Conformance evaluation to Nationally Recognized Standards, Building Codes, & Industry Practices
- Integration of Security Needs with Fire/Life Safety Requirements
- Evaluation of Slip, Trip and Fall Accidents
- Static and Dynamic Coefficient of Friction Testing, Slip Resistance Testing in the field
- Evaluation of Stairway, Ramp, Escalator, Railings, Handicap Curbcuts, Sidewalk designs
- Evaluation of Negligent Security Premises Liability Issues
- Evaluation of Inmate Suicide Incidents and Prevention Designs
- Evaluation of Prison and Jail Violence and Security Issues
- Security and Accessibility Review of Multi-Family Residential, Mixed Use Commercial, Institutional Facilities, Parking garages and lots, retail shopping centers, hotels, schools and universities
- Documentation and Architectural Rendering of Field Conditions
- Review of Accident and Police Reports, Crime Grids, Incident reports
- Comparison of Construction with Approved Plans and Specifications
- Expert Testimony in Depositions, Mediations, Arbitrations, and Trial
- Research of Compliance with Applicable Construction Codes and Standards
- Plan and Specification review to ascertain adequacy of design
- Case Review including Evaluation and Summation of Complaints, Interrogatories, and Depositions
- Police Grid Maps and Surrounding Crime Data Analysis
We provide support from early case assessment and discovery, through final trial resolution, relying on real-world strategic and operational experience, strong academic and professional credentials, and extensive practical knowledge of customs, standards of care, and best practices.
We’re here to help.
An Atlas Professional is standing by ready to assist you.
333 Las Olas Way Suite 1605
Ft Lauderdale, FL 33301
Ph: (305) 332-6588
Our Security & CPTED Book
Designing for Critical Infrastructure Protection and Crime Prevention
Based on the tenets of Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design (CPTED), the updated edition of this popular reference blends new design elements with the latest best-practice security measures. Illustrated with hundreds of photographs and line drawings, the text emphasizes consideration of security aspects throughout the design process, including how to take stock of open spaces, avoid blind corners, and use landscaping to create secure spaces.